Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dark Evenings.

Welcome to all of you visiting this blog. The map on my site manager is showing visitors from all over the globe which I find fascinating.


It gets dark so early these days, no wonder ancient people celebrated the turning of the year. As I drove home along the dark lanes this evening the headlights of my car picked out a large barn owl sitting ontop of a hedge. The owl turned its large dish-like face to me before gliding away majestically.Today was the Christmas Fayre at school. Many of the parents came and took their children around the fayre but I still had 9 children to supervise. Father Christmas has lost a lot of weight since last year but it is so sweet to see how thrilled the children are to talk to him. In the last week of term we will also get a helicopter fly past with Father Christmas waving from the doorway.
We had PPA again this afternoon, I'm finding it strange not to be having to think ahead for next term. There is still plenty to complete for this term and at the same time my fingers are itching to make preparations for next term's topics but it won't be my responsibility anymore. That's good in terms of stress but sad in terms of buzz and adding my input. Oh well, something always turns up.