Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday & Sunday.

There was ICE on the car windscreen this morning. That's what happens when you have a picturesque stream winding around the house. The first frost of the year for us. Now I can start stressing about the possibility of ice on the road out of the valley in the mornings! At school 9 of my class were away, 2 did arrive later but the others mostly seem to have high temperatures with coughs. I've almost got rid of my cough, I don't think I had a temperature with it, but now my cold seems to be returning, ho hum. The first of the parents' evenings went well though I did have 3 no shows. I was home by 6.00 but Thursday will be the late one.
Knowing I don't get many photo opportunities in the week I saved some of my beach photos for today.





This slate- type rock weathers into architectural ruins, hence last week's flight of fancy.


We found a rock pool with some sea anemones some of which had their tentacles extended as they waited for food. (If you didn't see it, watch David Attenborough's latest nature film - Fishes, which was on BBC yesterday, some amazing new footage of things I'd never seen before.) When I was at uni I went on several marine ecology field trips, with my love of the sea they were the some of the best times I had at uni. My practical side did make me see that there would be limited job opportunities for marine ecologists and that being a teacher would be the the better career move.


Now I simply enjoy observing rock pool life.