Sunday, October 4, 2009

Company In The Garden.

Broadband is being plodband today. Due to constant down loading by the boys we think that BT has put a 'choke' on our broadband and currently our upload speed is more than the download speed. It took 5 mins to get this one picture !
I spent the morning doing housework and getting all my planning done for the week. In theory I shouldn't have anything to do at home until Wednesday when I'll start the planning for next week after my PPA afternoon with Chris. From this week I get 3 mornings off as well . I could do with the time at home to get things done. Peter has taken a week's holiday to spend revising for an OU exam the following Monday. After that I think that's it until February.
Just as I headed out to the garden the rain started falling but it cleared eventually and I've managed to complete a weeding job that Romas and I started. Grass and disgusting bindweed were growing in a bed of garden lilies so the whole lot had to be dug up and sorted out. As the lilies have been sitting in buckets for over a week I thought I better get on and clear the soil so they could be replanted. Now all I need to do is dig up the rest of the bed and thin and tidy the ornamental grasses in it. While I was sat on the ground grubbing away a cheeky robin sat in a tree about 10ft away. This often happens if I'm digging in the garden. I tried to tempt him down with a few juicy worms placed on top of the soil, (sorry worms), but he wouldn't come closer.
Yesterday afternoon while I was sitting at the pc I glanced out of the window to see a deer crossing the corner of the garden. It disappeared up the heavily wooded stream before I could get a picture. I wonder if it was the same one that was in the garden before.