Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Not More Snow !

I'm feeling rather tired tonight. It's probably the shock of having the alarm going off at 5.45 (I'd rather got used to my lie-ins), and teaching all day. The morning class was 28, 4 year olds who only started a few weeks ago. A lot of them are the younger brothers and sisters of children in my year 1 class but it still takes a lot of concentration to be able to relate to all these new faces and to start learning their names. I can definitely see 1 or 2 'characters' who will take some time to settle down within the group. In the afternoon I had my Year 1 class, lovely to be back with them but we had a very packed schedule so I had to work hard at keeping them and me on task. Some of them have become a little lively over the holidays and haven't quite settled down to a work routine. The last of the snow can be seen in a few fields up here in the hills. It feels a bit cold tonight and snow is forecast in some areas to the east of us. I really could do without anymore snow causing driving problems.