Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pretty Hens.

Back down to Braunton this evening for a walk on the marshes while Romas had his drum lesson. I parked further up the road today to give me more time to look for the swan. Looking along the waterway I spotted a solitary waterlily. The water lilies on the pond at home hardly ever produce any flowers, I think that the pond isn't deep enough for them.
I found the swan and her cygnet but I couldn't persuade her to swim down the waterway towards me. As I was throwing bread to the hens their owner and his 2 sons turned up to see to the hens. he told me that this is the first time in 4 years that even 1 cygnet has survived the foxes. They then invited me to walk in their field to get some pictures from a different angle.

The swan spent most of her time in this overgrown section of the waterway so I didn't get any clear pictures but it was a different perspective.


The boys invited me to come and see their hens by the stable so off I went to talk hens with this friendly family. They had a mixed little flock including these 2, 12 week old something Blues.









There was also one little silkie, I used to have several of these bought in a mixed lot at Hatherleigh market. They are such funny creatures.
As the road was quite narrow I decided to follow it through the marsh out to the main road. It really is beautiful out there. I had to stop and take a few more pictures even though I was a bit late collecting Romas.


This evening I've got yet more photos to stick in the reports we give to the parents. I tallied up how many photos I need to stick in the reports and it comes to a staggering 570 photos to be taken, printed, cut out and stuck in the reports. Rather excessive !
The tablets I took last night were really powerful. I was totally woozy all evening and taking a second lot before I went to bed sent me straight to sleep though I did wake with a bit of a muzzy head. I checked the dosage in the morning and there is 4x the amount of codine phosphate in these compared to the co-codamol you can buy at the pharmacy. I'll just take 2 tonight.