Saturday, February 28, 2009

Red Deer Stag Spotted.

It's been another grey day today. When I got home from town the house felt as cold as the outside. I felt really tired and chilly but I had to pour one more drum of oil into the tank and get some wood down from the shed. Not surprisingly the activity and the bright light levels (despite the grey skies), cheered me right up and I got on with some gardening. Pete went over to our neighbours to return their oil container and he came home with the news that there were some Red Deer stags further down the valley. Off I went clutching my camera to take some photos. One stag stood there quite calmly, despite the comings and goings at the stables. I was able to take lots of photos but the distance made most of them quite blurry. Apparently there were another 3 stags there somewhere out in the gorse on the hillside.
After being revitalised by my outdoor activities I had the energy to get on with my 500 sit ups which I manage to do 6 days a week. Instead of increasing the number of sit ups I've been increasing the difficulty and even include some crunches at the end so I still have goals to aim for.
We've still got plenty of logs in the shed so I've got a nice fire roaring away and warming the place up.